We made the turkey chili recipe from the Cookbook, Fixate. It was really good and easy to make! I made a few changes and will make another change for next go around. Were the recipe calls for goat cheese we used shredded Mexican blend cheese and I used a merlot wine I think I’ll go for something a bit more mild next time. We also left out the cilantro (Kurtis doesn’t like it)
* 1 medium onion (chopped)
* 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
* 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
* 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
* 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey breast (cooked)
* 2 cans kidney or pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
* 1 can organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
* 1 cup red wine
* 1 Tbs ground chili powder
* 1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
* 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
* 8 tsp goat cheese (crumbled)
Recipe calls for pre cooked turkey and already chopped veggies so of course you do the prep work
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Top with cilantro and cheese.
Thank you for stopping by. Try out the recipe and let me know what you think. What tweaks or additional toppings do you add. I’d love to hear back. Enjoy!!